Thursday, May 22, 2008

American Idol

I have been a huge fan of American Idol for about three years. It first started becuase I loved to see people make a fool of themselves, in the beginning auditions. Last night as many of you know was the finale for this season, and the winner was David Cook. I am glad Cook won over David Archuleta. I began the season being a fan for David Archuleta though. But as time went on and all Archuleta was singing was ballads, I found my true fanship going over towards Cook, escpecially on idol gives back week. Sure David is a great singer, but i am more glad that he won becuase of the stuff he does off of the stage. He is a great person, who has gone through struggles. As I found out from Rachel, he wears his orange Wristband for one of his fans that has leukemia. He has worn this wristband on everyshow this whole season. His brother has Cancer also. And David himself even has heart troubles, having to go to the hospital after one of his performances a few weeks ago. David Cook hasn't told us this publicly, there have been reports leaking out. One of the reasons why he hasnt told us is that he doesnt want a sympathy vote from us. I know David Cook will do great things with the money that he makes over his career, with donating it to find a cure for cancer and several other charities. For these reasons I believe Cook is an American Idol.

Here is my favorite performance by David cook if you haven't heard him sing before

No comments: